THE MAIN BALLROOM at Malibou Lake Mountain Club is available for Wedding Ceremonies, Rehearsal Dinners, Banquets, Receptions, Anniversaries, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, Reunions, Special Events, Parties, Business Functions/Meetings, Seminars and other events.
Two natural rock pillars frame the entryway to the Malibou Lake Mountain Club, a private club nestled in the Santa Monica Mountains. A rustic colonial fašade with a wide front veranda leads you into the clubhouse, and once inside the spacious main room, it’s easy to envision a terrific event here. Walls are finished in a whitewashed gray wood with white trim, providing a neutral backdrop for any color scheme, while a fireplace and baby grand add homey touches. On the right side of the room a huge bay window flanked by French doors overlooks a gently sloping lawn, bordered by eucalyptus and pine trees. The stage in front of the window can be used for a band, making toasts or even an indoor ceremony.
Given its neutral decor, you can have a field day decorating the club. One group had an elegant black-and-white affair, with guests garbed in tuxedos and snazzy dresses; another staged a western-theme party, with bales of hay, white foam horses on the tables and a barbecue reception on the lawn. Still a third hosted a renaissance gala, complete with period costumes, wandering minstrels and rounds of croquet and bocce ball.
- Capacity - The Malibou Lake Club Ballroom accommodates 130-210 seated guests in combination with the covered patio.
- Max. Standing Indoors: 400 Max. Seated Indoors with Dance Floor: 180
- Max Seated without Dance Floor: 210
- Max. Standing Indoors: 400
- Available Year-round, Friday through Sunday, any 9-hour block of time, one event a day.
- Also available at reduced fee Monday through Thursday-$150 per hour, minimum of 4 hours
- Site Views-Lake, Mountains, Landscaped Grounds
- Bridal Room & Groom's Dressing Area
- Wheelchair Access and Wheelchair Accessible
CATERING & ENTERTAINMENT
- Truly Yours - Gourmet Food and Catering
- Alcohol - Caterer Provided or Host Provided
- Music - Indoors With Restrictions Sun.-Thurs. off at 10:00 PM,
Fri. & Sat. off at 11:00 PM, depart location before 12 midnight.
SERVICES & AMENITIES
Parking: Large lot
Kitchen Facilities: Fully equipped
Accommodations: No guest rooms
Tables & Chairs: Included
Telephone: Pay phone
Linens, Silver, etc.: Included
Outdoor Night Lighting: Twinkle Lights
Restrooms: (1) wheelchair accessible
Outdoor Cooking Facilities: Included
Dance Floor: Tile floor indoors
Cleanup: Caterer or renter
Meeting Equipment: BYO
Kosher: Provided by Host
Other: No Coordination
- Alcohol: Allowed but not provided
- Smoking: Allowed outdoors only
- Music: amplified OK indoors, Sun–Thurs until 11pm, Fri–Sat until 11:30pm; acoustic only outdoors
- Audio/Video/Meeting Equipment: Not provided
- Insurance: required for DJ or live band
FEES & DEPOSITS
The site rental fee ranges from $2200 to $4800 for up to 9 hours' use depending on day of week. Half the rental fee payable to Malibou Lake Mountain Club is required to reserve your date; the rental balance is due 10 days prior to the event.
Email or call our Event Coordinator at 818-889-1211 for reservations and additional information.